A Bible Study introducing the Gospel of Mark continues on Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM. The Gospel of Mark will be used most often during services this summer and fall. Please read Mark 13:1-13 and Mark 15:33-16:8 for the next session.
A special Congregation Council meeting, open to anyone wishing to attend, will be held on Tuesday, May 15, at 6:30 PM to meet with the Rev. Richard Jorgensen, the Lower Susquehanna Synod’s Director for Evangelical Mission, to review the results of the congregational vitality survey we took in February.
A special congregational meeting will be held immediately following the service on May 20th to consider a proposal for an addition to the security system for locking the doors. A light lunch and meeting will be held on June 3rd to continue the discussion from last fall’s listening sessions.
The Women & Girls Banquet will be held on Wednesday, May 30, at 6:30 PM. All women and girls of the congregation, as well as any other special women in your life, are invited for an evening of fellowship and a delicious meal. Please sign up by May 23rd so enough food is prepared.
The annual SpiriTrust Chambersburg Auxiliary membership drive will take place during the month of May. Anyone can join with a minimum contribution of $1, and because of the generous support in 2017, the Auxiliary was able to make donations to SpiriTrust Lutheran Home Care & Hospice, SpiriTrust Lutheran LIFE, SpiriTrust Lutheran Counseling Services, as well as The Inn Endowment Fund at the Ridge and many other important programs and services. Checks can be made payable to ELC with “Auxiliary” in the memo line.
Sign up for periodic email updates from ELC. Get the latest on special events and services, signups, and weather-related schedule changes.
The ET Youth Group is holding fundraisers as they continue preparations for this summer’s ELCA Youth Gathering in Houston.
- You can order personalized cake pans and other kitchenware from That’s My Pan to benefit the youth. Use this exact link to place your order online, or you can pick up a brochure and order form. Two more fundraisers are planned for the coming months.
- The youth are selling ham sandwiches through May. Sandwiches are $3.00 each and can be ordered through the office or online through May 20th (available for pickup on May 31st).
Upcoming Services & Events
- May 20, 10:45 AM: Pentecost with Confirmation; reception follows the service
- May 27, 10:45 AM: Trinity Sunday, the only day set aside to celebrate God as a whole
- June 17, 10:45 AM: Outdoor Service & Picnic