We are returning to worship in a safe manner with services on Saturdays at 5:00 PM and Sundays at 8:30 AM* and 9:30 AM.
As the virus persists, we have taken steps to reduce the risk of catching the virus.
- *UPDATE: We will hold a parking lot service on Sundays at 8:30 AM as an additional alternative. We will hold these on August 2nd and 9th to get started and will likely continue beyond that. You may remain in your car to listen or bring a lawn chair.
- We will wear masks (extras will be available if you forget).
- We will socially distance ourselves from others. Certain pews have been roped off, and those who come Sunday will be asked to sit in a different area from the Saturday evening service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available inside the building and sanctuary entrances.
- We will not pass the offering plate as part of the service. Offerings can be dropped in the plate at the door when coming or going, or you can take advantage of our online giving system.
- Please do not share the elevator with anyone you do not live with. At the end of the service, do not be in a rush to leave to allow space and time for others to use the elevator safely.
- Services will be shorter than usual.
- There will be no singing, though we will include some extra music for reflection and meditation.
- Limited bulletin resources will be available. Responses will be displayed on a screen.
- The air conditioner will run until shortly before the service, when we’ll open the windows to promote air flow. Doors in the sanctuary building will be open to reduce touch points.
- Touch points, such as handrails and elevator buttons, will be disinfected between services.
- We are not serving food, passing the peace, or otherwise hosting social functions. We are not offering nursery service (your children are always welcome at services!).
- We will celebrate Holy Communion on the weekend of July 11-12th with sealed packages of wafers and grape juice.
If you are not comfortable joining us for in-person worship, that is completely fine, and we understand. If you think you may have been exposed to the virus or are otherwise not feeling well, please stay home to take care of yourself as well as your church family!
We will continue to offer a video version of the service for those that prefer to worship online during this time. If you would be interested in attending a limited, invitation-only service for high-risk people, please contact us so we can make plans.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the church office.
Thank you to our COVID task force, which has been meeting for more than a month to plan and prepare for our return!