Updated September 1.
We seek to worship as fully as we can but always with the Christ-like concern for the weaker and vulnerable among us. Not everyone among us is fully vaccinated and there are some who have medical reasons that prevent them from being vaccinated. Thus, we balance the desire for more openness with concern for the vulnerable.
We will continue to offer a video service option for those that prefer to worship online during this time. We are not currently holding the 8:30 parking lot service; it will return next summer and may return sooner if necessary.
Based on recent CDC guidelines, we modified our mitigation protocols.
- Fully vaccinated people do not currently need to wear masks at our worship service. Such people may elect to continue to wear masks whether out of caution, solidarity with those who must, or habit.
- For those who are not fully vaccinated, CDC recommends they still wear masks and practice distancing.
- While fully vaccinated people do not need to distance, please respect those who must still mask and allow them due space. A section of the organ side of the church will remain roped off for distancing.
- Outdoor air flow will also still be used for mitigation. Please keep this in mind – you may wish to bring a sweater or jacket, particularly if seated near a window.
- Holy Communion will continue to be celebrated using prepackaged wafer/juice.
- Hand sanitizer will be available inside the building and sanctuary entrances.
- We will do limited singing during the service.
- We will not pass the offering plate as part of the service. Offerings can be dropped in the plate at the door when coming or going, or you can take advantage of our online giving system.
- Limited bulletin resources will be available. Responses will be displayed on a screen.
If you are not comfortable joining us for in-person worship, that is completely fine, and we understand. If you think you may have been exposed to the virus or are otherwise not feeling well, please stay home to take care of yourself as well as your church family!
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the church office.